Folds of Honor Golf Marathon 2021 Fundraising Tips
- Did you know that the majority of supporters donate to an online
fundraising page once they’ve been asked 3 separate times? Don’t be afraid to
communicate via email, text, electronic newsletter, Facebook, etc and ask for
donations more than once.
- Consider making the first donation to your page. Make it an
amount that you think your supporters will respond to.
- Set a fundraising goal around a meaningful number. Keep
in mind that one scholarship is valued at $5,000.
- Supporters like helping you work towards your
goal. Sending out an email when you are at 50% of your goal is super
motivating and allows everyone to see how their donations are impacting
- The more, the merrier!
Encourage others to join your team and work together to exceed your goal.
- If you have team mates, consider
different ways to motivate them. Competition typically works, especially
since everyone can see each other’s progress.
- Tell a personal story about how you and/or a friend or
family have served in the military and why raising money for scholarships
means so much to you.
- Make a video introducing your supporter to the Folds
mission, why they should support it and upload it to your personal page.
Make sure the call to action – “click the donate button” - is clear.
Update these videos weekly to reflect your progress in “real time”.
- While your campaign is active, claim Friday’s as Fold’s
Friday and send out your online page link at least once per week along
with a new recipient video telling their story and how Folds has made a
positive impact in their lives.
- Set a deadline or time frame for donations. It’s
generally easier to raise money with a deadline. It gives a sense of
urgency. Of course, you can always make exceptions to the rule if a
donor misses the deadline as we never want to turn away a donation.
- When you get a donation to your page, you will receive
a donation alert. We have a special thank you email within your
participant center for you to thank your donors. This motivates them
to give again and makes them feel as though they are making a difference.
- Ask your supporters to SHARE your page with friends and
- At the end of your campaign, you might want to consider sending each donor a personalized, hand written thank you note.